I think this is my favorite dressing for coleslaw. I have used it many, many times and it is a good one. I like to use this dressing recipe on coleslaw to serve along with fish – it’s such a great side dish and always complements a fish dinner. Many people traditionally eat coleslaw with “Boston baked beans” and even with hot dogs. I think it goes great with so many foods – start a new tradition!
Here is my tried and true recipe –
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1-2 T grated onion
- 1 cup oil
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 T celery seeds
1. Combine the honey, mustard, salt and onion
2. Add the apple cider vinegar and oil and blend with a whisk, blender or immersion blender
3. Add celery seeds and whisk together
4. Add the dressing to your coleslaw blend and mix it in well. Cover and chill your dressed coleslaw in the refrigerator for a least an hour to let the flavors mingle.
Celery seed dressing adapted from Joy of Cooking